Friday, July 18, 2008

Another Nigerian Outfit

I am having way too much fun with the Nigerian outfits and now I need to get more fabric! Off to the market soon!

Joy, seen below in the picture with me, has been one of my clothing inspirations. Her fabric is not dyed but factory printed. My fabric is dyed and the pattern is created by folding the fabric in different ways when dying it.
Here is a close-up of the blouse so you can see the fabric and the style. It is really cute with the bunched fabric and tie in the front and the way the material scoops up toward the neck.

4 comments:

All4naija said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
All4naija said...

Great outfit you got there. This really defines how much you have understood the people`s culture. You are an intelligent person, you know and you can never miss your way in the dark.

Vegan_Noodle said...

Beautiful dress Lisa! Wish I knew how to sew. John told me about your blog, am having fun reading about yalls adventures in Nigeria! And congrats about your promotion!
-amanda mariano

Lisa said...

Hey Amanda,
Thanks for for the congrats and for checking out my blog. Knowing that people actually read it is what keeps me writing! I am behind in my blogging right now and need to catch up on a weekend trip and two saturday trips to markets to purchase more fabric. Hope all is well in Houston. Take care, Lisa