Thursday, August 26, 2010

Upcoming Lagos Area Runs - Calendar Challenged!

I heard a rumor that the Lagos Half Marathon (21K) was scheduled so I did a search online.  I did not find the GLO marathon, the one I have run twice in the past (2008 21K, 2009 5K, 2009 21K), but I did find the following upcoming runs.
***September 18, 2010 - Nigeria Independence Corproate Run - 10K (6 miles) Run from Tafawa Balewa Square, where the British Union Jack was lowered for Nigeria's green-white-green flag on October 1, 1960, and will finish at Atlantic City, in Bar Beach, Victoria Island.  Nigeria turns 50 and this run is to celebrate their independence.  The run will be organized by the Lagos State Sports Endowment Fund.
I will look into doing this run.

***October 30, 2010 - Lagos Airport Marathon  - 21K (13 miles) run from
Bummer but I will be out of Lagos and will not be able to participate.  ; (

***The GLO Lagos Marathon has not yet been scheduled and the website - http://www.glolagosmarathon/ - is no longer online.

CALENDAR CHALLENGED - The Lagos Airport Marathon article originally listed the date as Saturday, November 1 (article now reads November 1 (saturday removed))...  but my calendar indicates that is a Monday!  I assume the run is on Saturday October 30.  Why are people so calendar challenged here?!  Our work calendars have had duplicate dates in one month (20, 21, 22, 22, 23, 24...).  Is it really that difficult?

9 comments:

peacelove213 said...

hi! i am considering moving to Lagos from California for a job and would love to speak with you. If you get the chance, could you email me at peacelove213 at gmail thanks!

Unknown said...

Hi. I saw that you responded to a comment about Vets in Lagos. I would love to talk to you more about this as I have 2 stray kittens in my yard that I would like to officially adopt and want them to get a thorough checkup and spaying etc. Thank you.

Unknown said...

Sorry forgot to leave contact! talkto mezara AT gmail dot com

Michelle said...

Dear Bob and Lisa,

I found your details on your bog, I hope you don't mind me contacting you with my strange request!

I am a Producer working on a television show called House Hunters International which follows English speaking expats in their quest to purchase a house abroad. I am hoping to find English speaking expats to profile who have recently bought property in Nigeria. I wonder if you or any expat contacts might be interested in getting involved?! Please find a little blurb about the show below:


House Hunters International is a half-hour program currently airing on the Home and Garden Television Network (HGTV). The program is a spin-off of the popular House Hunters and has spent the last several seasons exploring the idiosyncrasies of buying real estate in other countries. HHI is about a personal journey of discovery and the making of life-long dreams.


The series is designed to de-mystify the international home-buying process by going behind the scenes of a house hunt where buyers and their real estate agents tour 3 homes. At its core, House Hunters International is a travel show concentrating on the idiosyncrasies of the locales and what makes them special and different. A great deal of effort will be made to capture rich visuals and to provide sequences where viewers will be exposed to local vistas, traditions, lifestyles and architecture.


Please get in touch if you have any more questions about the show. I look forward to hearing from you!


Best wishes and many thanks,


Michelle



Michelle James
ASSOCIATE PRODUCER LEOPARD FILMS
1-3 St Peter's Street, London N1 8JD - +44 20 7704 3300
michelle.james@leopardfilms.com
www.leopardfilms.com

Vivian said...

I'm a runner and I'm moving to Nigeria on Monday. I'm hoping I will find a good group of people to run with. Are there any running clubs?

Vivian said...

Did you find any running clubs in while you were in Lagos?

Unknown said...

Hi,

I can see that you are putting a lot of efforts into your blog. Keep posting the good work. Some really helpful information in there. Nice to see your site.

Keep it Up...!

Short Poems

Unknown said...

i read your blog.such a great information.If anyone wants Last minute flights to lagos from london
,Last minute flights to lagos from manchester
Last minute flights to lagos from glasgow
Last minute flights to lagos from birmingham
Last minute flights to lagos from london heathrow
in very affordable price.we provides unbeatable price with awesome offers from lagos flights.

Alex said...

I agree that it's important to think carefully about what the underlying reason is for a website, the dogs example fits the bill perfectly :)
domain name registration