Monday, April 16, 2007

Going Away Party

About one month before the move (early March) some good friends had a going away party for Bob and I. The party group primarily consisted of the group that I have been running with for the last 3 or 4 years plus some other good frineds. I will miss everyone while I am in Nigeria as I spent a lot of time with them and shared a lot of good times (wedding parties, babies, running accomplishments, birthdays happy hours) and hard times (some of those long runs were tough in the Houston heat). Many of these folks listened to me complain constantly during the remodel of our home and I thank them for that! ; ) the party had a Nigeria theme, of course and there was a yummy chocolate cake in the shape of Africa. It was great! The table cloth was a Nigerian flag!



Party Hosts with their gift of beads from Nigeria


From left to right: Bob in the background, Lisa, Shelly, Yvonne, Lucy and Leslie












Our cake - What a great idea!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love reading about your adventure. The pictures are great. This really makes me feel that you're not that far away. Keep up the good work, I love this.
P.S. The local paper did a story on us with our sausage and it will be in the paper tomorrow. The News Sun in Lake county. We really are having a good time with this.
Love to you both,
Aunt Toni