Thursday, July 2, 2009

Another Air Shipment

The company allows us to annually send an air shipment of 1000 pounds or a sea shipment of 2000 pounds. That is one of the non-vacation things we did on our vacation, along with doctor appointments (eye doctor, dentist, orthopedic surgeon for ankle issue). It is a luxury the company provides expats. Many items, but not all the comforts of home, are available here in Nigeria, but if they are they can be 2-3 times the cost of the item in the US. Here are some pics of the stack before packing. I am waiting for the shipment now and will post pics when I receive it. I was told it would arrive in country next week and then it just has to go through Customs. I hope it all shows up.

What did I bring? Stuff for swimming (fins, kick board, pull buoy), ergonomic chair, cooking oil, laundry detergent, chips, chocolate, and all sorts of other crap!

What did not make it? DR PEPPER and my new Indo Balance Board, which may be a good thing with my ankle tendon issue. This did not make it into the shipment as it was over tha allowed weight limit!

No comments: